How to Set Up a WordPress Blog
It’s fun to have your own personal web blogs. Blogs are web logs. You have the ability to make them your own personal web space. A place to invite friends, share photos, experiences, write your own personal thoughts and a host of other creative things to do! Some folks would like to have a web blog site, but think that it’s too hard to create. Well with WordPress it’s as simple as 1-2-3! They make it very easy and fun to create your own web blog.
How to Set Up a WordPress Blog
1. Got to the WordPress website. (See resource below.) Click the “sign up now” button.
2. Pick a user name and password of your choice. Then you will need to confirm your password. You must insert your email address for them to contact you. Agree to their web blog terms and hit next. Your user name will be the beginning of your website address.
3. The website will send you an email confirmation. Once you click to confirm, it will bring up the link to start your website. You will then be linked to a dashboard where you can begin to set up your web pages.
4. One of the first things you will need to do is to choose a design theme for your web pages. It’s quite simple. All you have to do is scan through each theme and choose one that you like. It will automatically bring up the background for you. Some design themes will give you the option to change some of the pictures in the theme.
5. When a design has been chosen, set up your front welcome page. You just need to go to write, and then choose pages. A feed will come up for you to write your thoughts.
6. You have many other options to create your pages. There is an option to choose different widgets to enhance your web pages. A widget looks like a small icon. They have a small embedded code that links you to another page, website or photo. Some widgets link you to weather websites, web photo albums like Facebook, or another blogging site like MySpace. They can work on any web page, such as a blog or social networking page. You can also add subtitles, pictures, additional web page links, to your current websites.
7. Within each web blog there are page and post set ups. You will need to click on create a page first and it will give an opportunity to name the page and share a little bit about what the page is all about. You can return to those pages and edit at any time, by clicking on the manage pages.
8. There is also a section where you can add posts. Posts just consists of information that you want to include on your web pages, like fun facts about yourself, friends or family, places you have lived, traveled and even special events like graduations. The posts you create can be linked to the pages you create, through widgets. Widgets can also give you an option to feed your posts to other existing blogs that have been created. This gives the web community an opportunity to view your posts and comment on them. You do have the option of keeping your posts private if you so desire.
9. WordPress is very easy to use. It has a self-help guide for those who get stuck. Most of the time, it will walk you through each step. WordPress also gives you the opportunity to set up more than one web blog. So your opportunities are endless.
Voice search has been predicted as the future of online search many times over the last decade. Instead of typing, 70% of co...
Marketing is the key to attracting customers and generating leads. Traditional marketing techniques such as television commer...
Facebook audiences refer to the people you target when you advertise on Facebook. People wish to see ads that are relevant to...
Billions of people around the world use social media to share information, make connections, instant messaging, video-sharing...