How to Install Magento on Localhost Like XAMPP
This step-by-step tutorial will help you install Magento quickly and easily on localhost. When you install XAMPP â€“ make sure to install â€œphpmyadminâ€. Once you have XAMPP installed and running, follow these steps:
- Download Magento CE from here (recommended .zip file for Windows) https://www.magentocommerce.com/products/downloads/magento/
- Extract contents of magento-220.127.116.11.zip into this folder: c:xampphtdocs
- As a result you should have a new folder called â€œmagentoâ€: c:xampphtdocsmagento
- Now open this URL in your browser: https://localhost/magento/
You should see Magento installation page:
Agree with terms and click â€œContinueâ€
- On â€œLocalizationâ€ page select preferred options and click â€œContinueâ€
- On â€œDatabase Connectionâ€ page you must specify credentials to an existing database. You have to create it manually. This can be done from phpmyadmin (which should be installed along with XAMPP)
Keep the tab in your browser with Magento installation open. Open a new tab and enter this URL: http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
You should see phpmyadmin dashboard. In the top menu click â€œDatabasesâ€, then type some database name (say magentodb) and click â€œCreateâ€
- Return to Magento installation tab. Enter the newly created database name, username â€œrootâ€ into database user field and Iâ€™d recommend you to enable â€œUse Web Server (Apache) Rewritesâ€ checkbox. You may leave all other fields as they are and click â€œContinueâ€.
- On the last step you have to enter your name, email and specify what username and password you would like to be used to log into your store backend (administration panel)
Voice search has been predicted as the future of online search many times over the last decade. Instead of typing, 70% of co...
Marketing is the key to attracting customers and generating leads. Traditional marketing techniques such as television commer...
Facebook audiences refer to the people you target when you advertise on Facebook. People wish to see ads that are relevant to...
Billions of people around the world use social media to share information, make connections, instant messaging, video-sharing...